Digital Permit Submittal
Digital permit submissions are currently limited to:
- New single-family homes
- New commercial buildings
- Additions/alterations to commercial buildings
To expedite processing of digital permit submittals, you must follow all instructions on this page and submit by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only use this process for submittal of complete package permit submittals utilizing the appropriate checklist. Do not use this email address for general questions or any other inquiries.
- Include in the subject line the street address for residential permits or the project name for commercial applications along with the permit type and work type. Examples:
- 11111 900th Street West – Building Permit – New Single-Family
- Store Mart – Building Permit – New Building
- Store Mart – Plumbing Permit – Alteration
- If drawing file sizes exceed 10 MB, you must use an ftp site or another file sharing application to submit the drawings. Submit the applications to email@example.com and include a link for us to download the drawings.
- All drawing files must be submitted as PDFs.
Label files to describe what each file is as part of the submittal package. Examples:
- Building Plans.pdf
- Wall Bracing.pdf
- Civil Plans.pdf
- Reference these checklists for submittal requirements:
- New Single-Family Dwelling Permit Submittal (PDF)
- Commercial, Industrial, and Multi-Unit Permit Submittal (PDF)
- Certificate of Survey Checklist (PDF)
- As-Built Certificate of Survey Checklist (PDF)
- Fillable permit applications are provided here to download for each permit type:
- Residential Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Commercial and Industrial Building Permit Application (PDF)
- Mechanical Permit Application (PDF)
- Plumbing Permit Application (PDF)
- Sewer and Water Permit Application (PDF)
- Electrical Permit Application (PDF)
- Other required fillable forms:
- Residential Ventilation Forms (PDF)
- Residential Energy Code Compliance Certificate (PDF)
- SWPPP Verification Form (PDF)
Digital permit submittals should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.